My name is Kenyana Madison. I attend Eastmoor Academy high school and I am a sophomore. I always wanted to work with babies and wanted to pursue a career in the medical field so I decided I wanted to be a Neonatologists. I value my education very much because it determines my future. I try to maintain a 3.0 or higher grade point average and participate in activities that would benefit me and qualify me for some of the top ranked colleges. People have told me that I have a fun personality and I get along well with others. I also like to have fun with my friends and spend as much time with them as possible.
Some previous training that I have had prior to this class was some basic computer classes that I took in middle school. I knew how to use basic computer programs like Microsoft word and PowerPoint. These are the only two programs I knew how to function because when we were assigned projects to do at school those were the only two program needed to complete the project. I also had a little training on how to use Microsoft excel but I"m still a little vague on how to function it. The most common use of the computer is surfing the Internet, which I am very educated on because we use the web a lot to research projects and find information on various of subjects.
My knowledge on technology now has come a long way. I have learned how to download various programs that help you with running documents on and off the Internet. Through City Students Tech Corp I have learned different components that help with running programs on the computer and what the job of each of the components maybe. I have learned how to take a computer apart and learned how it is all hooked up and what some of the parts were and how they run the computer. The main aspect that I have learned through this program is networking. I have learned different techniques to help you network with other and how it could help your career.
Once I graduate from college I plan to attend college and pursue a career as a Neonatologist. In order for me to reach my goal I have to first start with preparing myself in school by maintaining good grades and being a top student to show how I feel about my future. I plan to do volunteer work and intern to get a little of experience on what I plan to do for the rest of my life. I want to prepare myself as much as possible so I can be ready for anything that might be thrown my way.
This program has prepared me in many ways because its helped prepare me for future jobs because many jobs are switching to technology and it will help me to be ready. I feel this program has educated me very much on technology because i came into this program with very little knowledge on how to operate a computer. I will carry out what I have learned to help me with prior jobs and my career focus. I hope at the end of this summer my intern has prepared me and educated me to be able to reach my goal more successfully.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment